Methi lachha paratha is a very famous and staple food in North Indian Region.Methi leaves is very beneficial to diabetics patients and By consuming it on daily basis ,it will help us to providing good amount iron and calcium.
- Methi (Fenugreek leaves)-1cup (washed throughly and finely chopped)
- Whole wheat – 2 1/2 cups
- Wheat or rice flour -1/2 cup for dusting (I prefer rice flour )
- Ajwain( carom seeds)- 1/3 tsp
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – garlic paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- water –
- Ghee or cooking oil -as needed
- Add wheat flour ,green chili,ginger-garlic paste ,methi leaves ,carom seeds ,cumin seeds ,curd ,ghee(1 tsp)and salt ( to taste ) in a mixing bowl .
- Mix well and add water (Little by little )and knead a smooth dough (like chapati dough).Rest it for 10 -15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes,knead the dough again for a minute so that it becomes soft and pilable .
- Divide the dough for 10-12 equal size of portion ,prepare ball of it .dust little flour .
- Heat the flat skillet or tawa on a medium -low flame .
- Roll it to make chapati ,dust Little flour again and roll it .(if you need plain methi paratha ,stop here only ,transfer in to a tawa flip and apply oil cook till little brown spot or bubble comes)
- Apply ghee or oil all over chapati (upper side or only one side ) and dust flour over it (same oily side ).
- Pleat it like a paper fan or pleat similar like a saree ,start from one end of the chapati to reach last end .(make small pleat ,it will help to make paratha more flakier )
- Now stacked or make end meets properly and make a boll again .
- Flatten the ball between palm of hands,roll 3-4 inch diameters with rolling pin and dust little flour again and roll it like chapati .(you will able to see layer easily )
- Placed methi lachha paratha on a preheated skillet or tawa , cook for one side for 40 seconds on a medium flame ,flip again another side cook for same.apply little ghee both side and cook until brown spot or cook properly .tranfer in to a plate .
- Proceed the same pattern for remaining balls .
- Serve the methi lachha paratha with subji or dahi .I served it with kela kofta gravy (will Post recipe soon ) .
- You can skip green chili if you are cooking for kids .
- You can make plain methi paratha of same dough.
- you can stuffed it with grated (cheese or cottage cheese ,corn ,carrot )and some spice to make more healthier and flavor full .