Tomato puree is one of the very basic cooking ingredients ,it is a great way to make base of many things like -Indian curries,soup ,salsa ,pizza sauce and marination sauce .It will also save your time since tomatoes are precooked and make any dish quicker than usual .
- Tomatoes -1 lbs
- Beetroot-a slice (small )
- Vinger-1/4 cup
- Sugar -1/4 cup
- Salt-1/4 tbsp
- Water -1 cup
- Cold water or ice cube – 1 cup
- Take ripe and firm tomatoes (I used Roma tomatoes),rinse them in running water properly .
- Using knife ,(cut the top slice from the stem side of tomatoes)make cross (1/3 inch ) deep cut on each tomatoes,this will make peeling easier .
- Place these tomatoes and beetroot slice in a cooker and add 1 cup of water ,cook till you hear 1-2 whistles.
- Now turn off the heat and wait till cooker release the pressure or for immediate open place cooker under the running water ,you will see pressure release immediately.
- Turn off the flame ,remove tomatoes from hot water and place them in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Now drain the water and place it to a plate ,peel or remove the skin of tomatoes.
- Now transfer it to a blender or mixer grinder and blend until smooth puree.
- Fresh tomatoes purée is ready , you can use it for cooking .
- But if you are want to restore for a week ,transfer fresh purée in to a pan and boil the purée and add vinegar ,salt and sugar .
- Boil till you get the desired consistency.
- Turn off the flame .keep aside to cool ,when it cool down transfer it in to a air tight container and freeze it and use with in a weak
- You can pour it in ice cube tray ,freeze in the freezer .Once the cubes are set ,remove from tray and store them in zip-lock bag in a freezer and use it when you needed.
- Drain water (at the time of boiling tomatoes),you can reuse it in vegetables stock or in soup .
- Adding slice of beetroot gives you perfect store bought tempting red color puree
- You can sieve the tomato puree to get very silky and smooth texture (seeds free) .