This is a very basic yet tasty subji ,this goes very well with phulkas or plain paratha .This recipe goes very well in a tiffin box too as this is not spicy but if you want spicy you can add more red chili on it . This is one of my favorites subji as it is very colorful ,I love eating colorful foods- The more colorful or vibrant your food is ,the more rich nutrients they are .
- Potatoes -2 medium size (chopped -square off cut )
- Bell peppers-2 Big size (1/2 of each -4types) (chopped -square off cut )
- Onion-1 medium size (thinly chopped)
- Tomato-1 large size (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic -green chili paste -1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala -1tsp
- Kashmiri red chili -1/2 tsp
- Aamchur powder(Dry mango)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil-2 tbsp
- Asafoeitida -a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cilentro-2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in the pan on medium flame ,add mustard seeds ,cumin and asafoeitida when it crackles ,add 3G paste (ginger,garlic,green chili ) and fry for 10-15 secs then add turmeric and Kashmiri red chili and fry again for 10-15 seconds .
- Add onion and fry for 1-2 minutes then add potatoes and little salt ,mix well and cover it for10-12’minutes on medium -low flame .
- Add tomato and sauté till tomato get mushy .
- Add coriander powder ,cumin powder ,dry mango powder and garam masala in it and mix well and cover it for 6-8 minutes and sauté till you see oil releasing from sides .
- Now add little water and cover the lid for 5 minutes and check the potatoes .(should be done 70percent )
- Now add bell peppers and salt (as required) and mix it well and cover the lid for 8-10 minutes.
- add cilentro and sauté for a minute.
- Once it done ,take it out on a serving bowl and garnish it with cilentro and serve this aloo shimlamirch subji with garam phulkas or plain paratha.(Don’t over cook bell peppers,maintain their that crispness and crunchness )