Green Peas parantha is a very delicious,healthy and filling for breakfast,lunch and dinner.It can be served with aloo subji ,raita or ketch up .
- Wheat flour- 2 cups(1 1/2 cups +1/2 cup)
- Peas(fresh or frozen) -1 1/2 cups
- Onion -1 small (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tbsp
- Green chili-2-3 or to taste
- carom seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Asafoeitida- a pinch
- coriander powder-1 tsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- garam masala -1/2 tsp
- Aamchur(dry mango powder)-1tsp
- cilentro- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- salt to taste
- sugar -1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil -1 1/2tbsp
- Ghee or butter -making paratha
- For Dough-Take 1 1/2 cups wheat flour ,little salt ,carom seeds and tbsp oil in bowl and water (in small quantities) and kneed a smooth and soft dough .When it done ,cover it and leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
- For Stuffing -Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan (on low flame),Sauté peas and green chili (add 1/2 tsp retain the green color)sugar till it get soften .once it done ,turn off the stove .keep it aside to cool ,when it cool down then take peas and green chili mixture in a blender ,blend until medium coarse texture .( you can boil the peas but I prefer sautéd peas )
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan ,add asafoeitida ,cumin and allow them to sizzle ,add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion (add Little salt ) and sauté till it get soften or turn transparent.
- add coriander powder,cumin powder ,garam masala and dry mango powder ,mix well and cook for a minute .
- now add crushed green peas mixture ,add salt to taste and mix well cook for 2 minuets then turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- For peas paratha -After the rest time,knead the dough once again to make it smooth.
- Divide in to 8-10 equal portions.make smooth balls and flatten them between your palm one by one. Or roll out into (3-4 inch diameter)
- Divide stuffing too in 8-10 equal portions too .
- Place one stuffing ball in the middle and wrap with all sides.
- Pull the edges upwards and seal them where they meet in the center ,it will result in a ball like shape.
- Take wheat flour (1/2 cup mentioned ) for dusting and coating dough balls .take stuffed ball and dust it with Wheat flour and transfer it in to rolling board or plain surface .
- Roll it out with the help of rolling pin in to 1/4 thick circle having about 6-8 inch diameter .
- Heat tawa (cast iron flat skillet) on a medium flame , when it’s medium hot place rolled paratha over it and cook until small bubbles or brown spot appear on top ,flip and spread ghee or butter evenly around its circular edge and shallow fry both sides until light golden or brown spots appear on them
- Transfer in to serving plate or casserole,repeat the process8-10 times with remaining dough and stuffing .
- Serve it with aloo subji ,raita or ketchup .