This is one of the most basic and common curry in Indian cooking ,this aloo curry goes very well with bedami puri,kachori,puri,roti and stuffed parantha.I served it with peas stuffed parantha.(pic was not good ,will upload a good pic when will cook this curry again 🤓)
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Asafoeitida – a pinch
- mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Garlic-ginger paste -1 tbsp
- Onion-1 medium(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium (finely chhoped )
- Potatoes-2 medium/Large( boiled,peeled and crumbled )
- turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- red chili powder- 1tsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- fennel seed powder-1/2 tsp
- aamchur powder-1/2 tsp
- garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- kasuri methi-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- cilentro -tbsp (chhoped)
- Heat oil on a low flame ,Add mustard seeds then cumin and fry until the seeds begin to crackle.
- Add hing and then ginger garlic paste,turmeric and red chili (on low flame )fry a while then add onion ,sprinkle salt and fry till onion get soften and brown in color then add chopped tomatoes and fry until it turn soft and mushy .
- Now add all spices-coriander powder,cumin powder,fennel powder,aamchur powder and garam masala and sauté till you see oil releasing from sides. now add boiled crumbled potatoes and mix it well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add water and stir again ,you can adjust the consistency as you want by adding less or more water .
- add salt to taste and kasuri methi .stir and mix well ,bring the curry to a simmer for 8-10 minutes to thicken the curry slightly ,you can also mash a few potatoes to thicken the curry .
- lastly add chopped cilentro leaves ,stir again.
- Garnish with a bit of cilentro and Serve this aloo rasedaar subji with phulkas,puri and stuffed parantha.