Ingredients for kothimbir vadi
2 1/2 cups – Cilantro washed and finely chopped
1 cup- Besan (gram flour)
1 tpsp-ginger and green chilli paste
1 tsp- cumin seeds
1 tsp -sugar
1/2 tpsp-sesame seeds
2 tbsp- Curd
1 tsp – lemon juice
1 tsp – turmeric powder
water (as per your Need)
pinch of hing (asafetida)
salt to taste
Ingredients for seasoning –
1/2 tpsp- Oil
1 tsp- mustard seeds
2 green chili spilit (optional)
1 tsp-ginger(finely chopped)
2 tsp-sesame seeds
1 sprig-curry leaves
2 tsp- Freshly grated coconut
- Combine all ingredients ( for kothimbir vadi ) in to a mixing bowl ,knead to make it firm and smooth dough ,add water if you need and make cylindrical roll of it .
- Now place this cylindrical roll in to steamer and steame it for 12-15 minutes.
- Once steamed ,allow it to cool completely and once it cooled ,cut in to 12 to 15 equal sizes of it.
- For seasoning ,heat the oil in to a pan ,add hing then add mustard seeds ,when its crackle then add cumin ,ginger ,curry leaves and green chili and stir it well for 30 second then add sesame seeds and stir it well again for 30 seconds .
- now add steamed kothimbir vadi and stir it for 1 minute so that vadi well coated with seasoning.
- Now garnish it with grated coconut and serve it.