Curd Rice –
1 cup – rice (little mushy )
1/2 cups to 2 cups -curd ( as per need)
1/4 cup – milk (optional)
1tpsp-ginger (finely chopped )
1tbsp- green chili (finely chopped)
1 tbsp – mustard seeds
1 tbps-cumin seeds
pinch of asafoeitda(hing)
1/2 tbsp-urda dal
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp-desi ghee or (butter)
1 tsp-pomegranates seeds(optional)
1tsp-greated carrot (optional)
1tsp- cilantro(finely chopped)
mints leaves (2-3 only finely chopped) optional
black salt to taste
salt to taste
- Wash rice 2-3 times throughly with water , let Rice to be soaked for 15 minutes then put soaked rice in to a cooking pan and add 2 1/2 cups of water in it. For curd Rice ,Rice should be mushy or little over cooked . When it done keep aside from stove to be cool properly .
- Take curd in to a bowl and add salt( black and normal both ) ,mint sugar ,carrot ,pomogrante seeds,cilantro and milk in to it , then Mix it very well.
- take cooled rice and mix curd mixture in to it .
- take a small pan ,add ghee or butter in to it ,when ghee become hot now you can add mustard seeds ,let mustard seeds crackle now add cumin ,hing , ginger ,green chili and urad dal.
- stir fry it by 1 minute and then remove it from flame , then pour this tempting in to curd rice mixture ,mix it very well .
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds and cilantro and serve it with love .
Enjoy this dish with your near and dear one .